Book an appointment to organise a free quote 1300 551 251
Need to have your floors installed professionally? Contact Us
There are 2 different types of installations:
- Floating floor (Easi-Lock)
- Gluing the floor down to a concrete or wood floor
All methods of installation need careful preparation
- The floor must be clean, dry and level to within 4-5mm over 2 meters when floating. If gluing a 2-3mm tolerance factor over 2 meters is required.
- Using a underlay with a moisture barrier attached to the underlay is the easiest, most practicle and cost effective way to install strand woven bamboo flooring. Concrete must be checked for moisture content; moisture should not exceed 4% when gluing the floor. It is recommended that a sealer must be used to ensure complete safety from moisture when gluing.
- When laying the floor, stagger the colour/pattern throughout the whole area. With all panel flooring lay the boards in the line of the greatest natural light source.
- Inspect all boards for any defects or imperfections before or whilst installing.
- No glue is required to the ends or sides of the boards when floating or direct sticking the boards as they lock in together.
Strand woven bamboo flooring requires a minimum of 10mm for expansion to all perimeter areas up to 8 meters in width.
Any installation requiring the flooring to exceed 8 metres in width or length will require expansion trims. All doorways will need expansion trims as well.